1. The infamous Brinks Robbery in 1950 where $2.8 million was stolen
in 17 minutes, occurred in what city?
2. "Old soldiers never die...they just fade away," was said
Dwight Eisenhower Gen. Omar Bradley
3. Catcher in the Rye's portrayal of Holden Caufield's 16 year old
life was a huge success.Who wrote the book?
4. In 1952, the now longest running daytime drama moves from radio
to TV. Which soap? Days of Our Lives
5. In 1952 Richard Nixon makes one of what will be many speeches in
answer to allegations against him. This one is called the "Checkers" speech
which refers to ...
A cocker spaniel
dog The game of
6. In 1953 Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgay become the first humans
the sound barrier Summit Mt. Everest
Run a 4 minute
7. Francis Watson and James Crick become famous for
polio vaccine The
"double helix" of DNA
8. In 1954, the landmark case Brown v. Board of Education was
9. Nash-Kelvinator and Hudson Motor Car Co. merge to form...
10. Hold the pickle! Hold the lettuce! The first _____ _____ opens
in 1954. Burger King
11. Psychologist Joyce Brothers won the $64,000 Question. What was
her topic? Eastern philosophy
12. In 1955, Congress authorizes all US currency and coins to
say... In God We
Trust United States of America
13. Rosa Parks' refusal to give up her seat on a bus led to a
Supreme Court decision outlawing bus segregation. Where did this happen?
Georgia Montgomery, Alabama
14. Which of these is NOT true about Ann Landers?
name is "Eppie" Lederer
She began her column at
the Los Angeles Times
twin sister writes Dear Abby
15. Which of these is NOT a James Dean movie?
East of Eden
The Wild Ones
Top of PageBack to
Trivia Quizzes IndexBack to Trivia and Games
Copyright 2009. Candace Rich. All rights